Frequently asked Questions
- What is the dilution factor?
The GreaseMaster is pre-diluted at 100:1.
- How do I use it with a pressure washer?
The pre-diluted solution is injected through the soap feeder.
- Does it leave an oily film on the metal?
No, it provides an oil/grease-free surface that can be painted.
- Can it be used with salt water?
It works well with salt water.
- Is heat necessary? And at what temperature?
Hot water is always conducive to cleaning of oil or grease; the GreaseMaster cleans best at 130F or higher.
- What about skin irritation?
No skin irritation.
- What coverage do I get from one gallon?
The average is 1600 sq.ft.
- What differentiates it from all other cleaners?
It acts as a de-emulsifier, separating oil and grease deposits from liquids or solids.
- What about the pH?
The ready to use solution has a pH of 6.5 (near neutral).
- Is it alkaline based?
No, contains no alkali compounds.
- How cost effective is it?
The best way to answer this is that the savings in shipping costs already pay for the product cost.
- How does it clean oil/grease that is deeply ensconced into the metal?
The separation ability of the GreaseMaster provides this superior cleaning.
- What about water pollution?
The GreaseMaster has no adverse effect on marine organisms.
- What is the best way to dispose of the used solution?
Let it separate for 24 hours in a holding tank, skim the oil/grease residues from the top and the liquid can then be disposed as 'non-hazardous' rinse water.
- What is it made of?
It is manufactured from organic plants and can be used as a liquid fertilizer in the garden.
- What pressure washer do I need?
3200-3500-psi is sufficient.
- Can this product degrease 'Black Oil'?
Yes, both Black Oil and Six Oil have been successfully removed from metal surfaces.
- What about fumes and air pollution?
None, as certified by the AQMD in California.
- How do you test for presence of oil/grease on the surface?
One of the common methods is to use an UV-light, where such deposits will show up.
- What else can I use this product for?
The applications are numerous, from laundry detergent to food processing plants, any kind of degreasing can be safely performed with the GreaseMaster.
- What is the most sensitive cleaning process that this product has performed?
Cleaning baby milk bottles, for which it meets the US FDA requirements was one very special job; the other was cleaning birds from oil that had been trapped in their feathers after a tanker oil spill off the Japanese coast.