Frequently asked Questions
- Is RUSTECO harmful to paint, rubber or plastic?
No, it is completely safe.
- Is RUSTECO hazardous to the environment? Does it pollute our air or water?
No, it does not have any adverse effect on the environment.
- What about disposal?
Can be disposed without restrictions.
- How about fumes and odor?
None, it is safe to use at work and home.
- Does it etch the metal?
No, RUSTECO is safe on all metals incl. aluminum and chrome.
- What about skin irritation?
No skin irritation.
- What coverage do I get from one gallon of the gel?
The average is 50-70 sq.ft.
- Can the liquid clean the inside of rusty gas tanks?
Yes, without harming the paint.
- Can I re-use the product?
Yes, it is designed for multiple repeat use.
- What about protection?
RUSTECO has rust inhibitors that give protection against new oxidation.
- What about long-term rust protection?
Spray the surface with a thin layer of the RUSTECO GEL, it will not rust again while the GEL is in place.
- How do I clean vertical or large surfaces that cannot be submerged?
The GEL was specifically designed for such applications.
- How do I apply the GEL?
It can be applied with a regular paint brush, roller or airless sprayer.
- Any other use when it has expired?
Yes, it is an excellent liquid fertilizer and also a great concrete floor cleaner.
- What is it made of?
It is manufactured from organic plants and the active ingredient is a food grade mild acid.
- Can I paint the treated surface?
Yes, RUSTECO does not leave any deposit on the cleaned metal; in fact it preps the surface for coating.
- Where can I buy it?
Retail quantities directly from the order page on this website or call toll free 1-800-RUSTECO.
- What about industrial volume purchases?
We accept Purchase Orders (o.a.c.) Please call our 1-800-RUSTECO hot line.
- Do you deliver overseas?
Yes, RUSTECO can be shipped anywhere in the world.